FREEDOM OF THE SEAS
Freedom of the Seas 2021
Protecting and Defending our Oceans
Surface Navy Assn. Awards
October 22, 2021
Freedom of the Seas Awards
October 23, 2021
In Honor of the Battle of Leyte Gulf
The Freedom of the Seas Awards is the premiere annual event of the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA. The events are held in honor of the Battle of Leyte Gulf anniversary, the largest naval battle of World War II and in the history of the world. Both events are held aboard the iconic Battleship IOWA, a Leyte Gulf veteran, at the Port of Los Angeles and includes a delicious meal prepared by local award-winning chefs. The Awards honors those that embody the core principles of the American Surface Navy’s mission to protect and defend our oceans for the benefit of the free world. Invited and attending guests include top leaders from the fields of education, veterans, community, industry, government, and military.
Freedom of the Seas Award
The Freedom of the Seas Award goes to an accomplished individual who embodies the core principles of America’s Surface Navy to protect and defend our oceans for the benefit of the free world.
VADM Samuel L. Gravely, Jr. Leadership Award
2021 Supporting Sponsor: Collier Walsh Nakazawa LLP
The VADM Samuel L. Gravely, Jr. Award recognizes leaders who exemplify the trailblazing, courageous service of the late U.S. Surface Navy Vice Admiral.
Humanitarian Service Award
This award recognizes those that exemplify the fearless bravery and tenacity necessary to sail through troubled waters to provide humanitarian assistance and disaster relief as a core principle of America’s Surface Navy.
Global Trade and Communications Award
This award recognizes leaders in commercial shipping and communications that embody a core principle of the Surface Navy in utilizing the ocean for the benefit of the free world.
ATTENDEES AND INVITED GUESTS
- Leadership and representatives from military, government, maritime, and industry.
- Leadership and representatives from education, veterans, community, and youth.
- Media and influencers.
Sponsors are important to the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA and the production of the Freedom of the Seas Awards.
If you would like to discuss the opportunities available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This museum is a community effort that will require all hands (civilians and veterans) on deck.
How can you help?
- Sign up to be a Plank Owner.
- Contribute (cash, in-kind, stock, real estate, planned giving, etc.)
- Become a volunteer.
- Spread the word by encouraging your friends to become Plank Owners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Have an idea? Let us know!
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your or a loved ones service in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!