A. The relocation of the IOWA to the new West Harbor development has been under consideration by the Port of Los Angeles for a couple of years. The community is supportive of this relocation, as it will build on the significant changes on the LA Waterfront. The goal of this relocation is to create a stronger connection with the community and increase the time and spending per visitor. The new location would be located approximately 1/2 mile from the current location of the Battleship IOWA Museum at the Los Angeles World Cruise Terminal. The current location has significant yet different benefits as well by retaining a connection to the cruise industry and building off of the existing infrastructure versus new infrastructure. Regardless of our final location, a move will have limited impact on the design and construction of the National Museum of the Surface Navy, as the museum is being built on board the Battleship IOWA.
- Plank Owner Recognition Levels
- USS Iowa awaits funding in 2021 for future projects in San Pedro – Daily Breeze
- NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR
- Q. What is the update on the relocation of the museum to the new West Harbor development?
- Q. We are concerned that the IOWA will lose its identity during the National Museum of the Surface Navy transition. Will this happen?