Learn more about the Pacific Battleship Center, the 501(c)3 leading the campaign for Freedom of the Seas to build the National Museum of the Surface Navy.
Programs / Brands
To inspire global awareness of freedom of the seas.
We ignite curiosity, connect communities, and enhance understanding of America’s role in maritime peace and prosperity.
The Freedom of the Seas campaign to build the National Museum of the Surface Navy was launched in 2018 by the Pacific Battleship Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Los Angeles. The Pacific Battleship Center was founded in 2008 with the mission to ignite curiosity, connect communities, and enhance understanding of America’s role in maritime peace and prosperity.
The crew of the Pacific Battleship Center has numerous accomplishments since its founding including:
- Securing the donation of the ex-USS Iowa from the US Navy in 2011.
- The Battleship IOWA Museum as a top 5 Los Angeles museum and attraction.
- Co-founding LA Fleet Week, a unique affiliation between the City and Port of Los Angeles, the military, and the USO.
- Delivering in-situ STEM education programming to 10’s of thousands of Los Angeles area students.
- Veterans West, an innovative program focused on veterans connection.
- Interfacing with local disaster planners and responders to strengthen resillience.
- Freedom of the Seas Awards, a national level program recognizing leaders in all sectors.
The Pacific Battleship Center is funded through the generosity of individuals, foundations, and companies who donate, volunteer, and financially support the initiatives of the organizations. We receive no government funding towards the operations of the organization.
Visit the Pacific Battleship Center‘s website to learn more about the organization responsible for the National Museum of the Surface Navy.
These buttons link to Pacific Battleship Center, the 501(c)3 non-profit leading the efforts to build the National Museum of the Surface Navy campaign.
This museum is an effort led by the Pacific Battleship Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit.
How can you help?
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your service or a loved one's in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!
ADDRESS / PHONE
Pacific Battleship Center dba National Museum of the Surface Navy
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 747
Pacific Battleship Center is a highly-rated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Los Angeles, CA. Currently the organization operates the Battleship IOWA Museum as a top 5 attraction in Southern California.
Click here for more information.