Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 709
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The relocation of the IOWA to the new West Harbor development has been under consideration by the Port of Los Angeles for a couple of years. The community is supportive of...
Q. We are concerned that the IOWA will lose its identity during the National Museum of the Surface Navy transition. Will this happen?
A. Our roots are with the Battleship IOWA, which is why we have named the museum the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA. We will never lose this identity...
Q. What is the best way to keep people updated on the National Museum of the Surface Navy and what’s happening?
A. Our tech team has worked hard to streamline our processes to unify multiple platforms that we utilize. The best way to stay up-to-date is to simply sign up to be a Plank Owner...
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR Former United States Ambassador to China and Governor of Iowa Will Broaden National Awareness and Support for the Nation’s First Museum Dedicated to the Surface...
Free Plank Owner Program Gives Public a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity to Become a Supporter of the Future National Museum of the Surface Navy SAN PEDRO, Calif. – Jan. 4, 2021 – Battleship USS Iowa Museum, the historic U.S. Navy battleship that has become an iconic...
U.S. Navy Cruiser Sailors Association https://www.navycruisers.org Published 1st Quarter 2021 Vol. 30 No. 1
U.S. Navy Top Stories
- Upcoming Renovations to Defense Logistics Agency Facility at NAS Corpus Christi
- USS John S. McCain Departs U.S. 7th Fleet After 24-years Forward Deployed
- USS Curtis Wilbur Arrives in Homeport San Diego, California
- 9/11: A Turning Point for the U.S. Navy Master-at-Arms
- Reserve Sailors Conclude Testing of Navy’s eNavFit Pilot Program
- NAVSUP’s –Task Force – Audit on Track for World-Class Financial & Inventory Accountability
- USS New Mexico Returns to Norfolk
- Sure Shot: ONR Tests Tech to Improve Marines’ Shooting Accuracy, Resiliency
- Hangar 47 Renovations Starting Soon at NAS Corpus Christi
- Naval Safety Center Urges All to ‘Prepare to Protect’
- USS Hershel “Woody” Williams Arrives in Namibia
- USS The Sullivans Conducts Port Visit in Yokosuka, Japan
- USS Germantown completes forward-deployment to Japan, sails for San Diego
- Commander, Navy Regional Maintenance Center and Director, Surface Ship Maintenance, Modernization, and Sustainment Observes Aegis Warfighting Training
- Navy’s Upcoming Talent Management Initiatives
This museum is a community effort that will require all hands (civilians and veterans) on deck.
How can you help?
- Sign up to be a Plank Owner.
- Contribute (cash, in-kind, stock, real estate, planned giving, etc.)
- Become a volunteer.
- Spread the word by encouraging your friends to become Plank Owners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Have an idea? Let us know!
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your or a loved ones service in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!