Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 709
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The relocation of the IOWA to the new West Harbor development has been under consideration by the Port of Los Angeles for a couple of years. The community is supportive of...
Q. We are concerned that the IOWA will lose its identity during the National Museum of the Surface Navy transition. Will this happen?
A. Our roots are with the Battleship IOWA, which is why we have named the museum the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA. We will never lose this identity...
Q. What is the best way to keep people updated on the National Museum of the Surface Navy and what’s happening?
A. Our tech team has worked hard to streamline our processes to unify multiple platforms that we utilize. The best way to stay up-to-date is to simply sign up to be a Plank Owner...
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR Former United States Ambassador to China and Governor of Iowa Will Broaden National Awareness and Support for the Nation’s First Museum Dedicated to the Surface...
Free Plank Owner Program Gives Public a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity to Become a Supporter of the Future National Museum of the Surface Navy SAN PEDRO, Calif. – Jan. 4, 2021 – Battleship USS Iowa Museum, the historic U.S. Navy battleship that has become an iconic...
U.S. Navy Cruiser Sailors Association https://www.navycruisers.org Published 1st Quarter 2021 Vol. 30 No. 1
U.S. Navy Top Stories
- Training Squadron 4 SAU Holds Change of Command at NAS Pensacola
- Mastering the Helm
- Navy Fellows Bring Insights Back to the Fleet
- NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Yokosuka Recognized for Fuel Management Excellence
- Making Waves: Women in the U.S. Navy—Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Montrose, Colo., Native Serves Aboard USS John S. McCain while Conducting Operations in the Philippine Sea
- U.S. Naval Forces Central Command Participates in Oman-led Exercise Khunjar Hadd 26
- Leading by Example
- U.S. Navy, JMSDF Strengthen Alliance through Bilateral Advanced Warfighting Training
- Naval Surface Force Atlantic Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- Navy Creates Seabee Master Chief Rating - Here's Why
- Profiles in Professionalism: NCCM Kimberly Cedar
- Reinventing the Chiefs Initiation in the Time of COVID
- USS Lake Champlain Sailors Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
- Logistics Center in Japan Offers English Language Training to Japanese Civilian Employees
This museum is a community effort that will require all hands (civilians and veterans) on deck.
How can you help?
- Sign up to be a Plank Owner.
- Contribute (cash, in-kind, stock, real estate, planned giving, etc.)
- Become a volunteer.
- Spread the word by encouraging your friends to become Plank Owners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Have an idea? Let us know!
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your or a loved ones service in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!