Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 709
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The relocation of the IOWA to the new West Harbor development has been under consideration by the Port of Los Angeles for a couple of years. The community is supportive of...
Q. We are concerned that the IOWA will lose its identity during the National Museum of the Surface Navy transition. Will this happen?
A. Our roots are with the Battleship IOWA, which is why we have named the museum the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA. We will never lose this identity...
Q. What is the best way to keep people updated on the National Museum of the Surface Navy and what’s happening?
A. Our tech team has worked hard to streamline our processes to unify multiple platforms that we utilize. The best way to stay up-to-date is to simply sign up to be a Plank Owner...
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR Former United States Ambassador to China and Governor of Iowa Will Broaden National Awareness and Support for the Nation’s First Museum Dedicated to the Surface...
Free Plank Owner Program Gives Public a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity to Become a Supporter of the Future National Museum of the Surface Navy SAN PEDRO, Calif. – Jan. 4, 2021 – Battleship USS Iowa Museum, the historic U.S. Navy battleship that has become an iconic...
U.S. Navy Cruiser Sailors Association https://www.navycruisers.org Published 1st Quarter 2021 Vol. 30 No. 1
U.S. Navy Top Stories
- VFA 131 holds Aerial Change of Command
- SCSTC Great Lakes Opens New VOT
- Navy EW System Maintenance Course Enabled by MRTS 3D
- USS Porter Concludes Participation in French Exercise POLARIS
- Puerto Rico Transports Marines, Heavy Equipment During Resolute Dragon
- 3-year, $8.3 Million Cliff Line Erosion Repair Project Completed by Seabees on Naval Station Rota, Spain
- U.S. Navy, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force Conduct Mine Warfare Exercise
- Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa and Allied Joint Forces Command Naples Visits Charles de Gaulle
- USS Truxtun Conducts Burial at Sea
- So Others May Breathe - Navy Medicine Respiratory Therapist Cares for COVID Casualties
- NAVWAR Volunteers Build Legos in Support of STEM
- DESRON 22 Performs Change of Command
- Department of the Navy and California’s Energy Commission Partner on Energy & Water Initiatives
- Commander, Task Force 70 Conducts Flag Talks with Japan Maritime Self Defense Force
- Team Ships Public Affairs
This museum is a community effort that will require all hands (civilians and veterans) on deck.
How can you help?
- Sign up to be a Plank Owner.
- Contribute (cash, in-kind, stock, real estate, planned giving, etc.)
- Become a volunteer.
- Spread the word.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Have an idea? Let us know!
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your or a loved ones service in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!
ADDRESS / PHONE
Pacific Battleship Center dba
National Museum of the Surface Navy
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 747
Pacific Battleship Center is a highly rated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Los Angeles, CA. Currently the organization operated the Battleship IOWA Museum as a top 5 attraction in Los Angeles. More information at https://surfacenavymuseum.org/about-us/.