Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 709
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The relocation of the IOWA to the new West Harbor development has been under consideration by the Port of Los Angeles for a couple of years. The community is supportive of...
Q. We are concerned that the IOWA will lose its identity during the National Museum of the Surface Navy transition. Will this happen?
A. Our roots are with the Battleship IOWA, which is why we have named the museum the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA. We will never lose this identity...
Q. What is the best way to keep people updated on the National Museum of the Surface Navy and what’s happening?
A. Our tech team has worked hard to streamline our processes to unify multiple platforms that we utilize. The best way to stay up-to-date is to simply sign up to be a Plank Owner...
An inspirational look at the challenges, passion, committment, and dedication that the crew and supporters take on daily. We also interview thought leaders in both the public and private sectors to hear their inspirational stories and opinions on related topics. A new episode is released weekly and be patient with us as we refine this program for the future!
- Jenny Sova: LA Fleet Week
- Jenny Sova: Battleship IOWA Chief of Staff
- George Musulin: Battleship IOWA's Electrician
- Homecoming: 1980s Crew Members Return To Battleship IOWA
- USS THE SULLIVANS And Hull Maintenance
- CIO David Canfield: Your Story Is Bigger Than Your Trauma
- Ready Player One
- Ready? Here We Go
- The Terminal List - Official Teaser | Prime Video
- Podcast 106 is here! We dragged Chief of Staff Jenny Sova away from her hectic preparations for #LAFleetWeek to tell you all abo...
- A post from Pacific Battleship Center - Battleship USS Iowa
- Austin Redman, aka DJ Crooked Styles, will be spinning tunes on the #LAFleetWeek expo mainstage throughout the day Saturday - Mo...
- Even the Navy is getting into the live entertainment line up. Meet the Destroyers, Navy Band Southwest’s popular music group. Th...
- 95.5 KLOS Radio – SoCal’s rock station – will be broadcasting LIVE from the LA Fleet Week expo footprint from 10 AM – 3 PM Frida...
- CEO Jonathan Williams talks #LAFleetWeek, summer activities, hull preservation, and more in his latest update. Get it here: ht...
- #LAFleetWeek is coming!
- Are you ready for our first *musical* podcast? We convinced #BattleshipIOWA's electrician, George Musulin, not only to come on t...
- From our family to yours, love to all the moms out there! Treat her to some fun today - bring her to #BattleshipIOWA for a tou...
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE SURFACE NAVY AT THE BATTLESHIP IOWA NAMES TERRY BRANSTAD NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR Former United States Ambassador to China and Governor of Iowa Will Broaden National Awareness and Support for the Nation’s First Museum Dedicated to the Surface...
Free Plank Owner Program Gives Public a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity to Become a Supporter of the Future National Museum of the Surface Navy SAN PEDRO, Calif. – Jan. 4, 2021 – Battleship USS Iowa Museum, the historic U.S. Navy battleship that has become an iconic...
U.S. Navy Cruiser Sailors Association https://www.navycruisers.org Published 1st Quarter 2021 Vol. 30 No. 1
U.S. Navy Top Stories
- USS Minneapolis-Saint Paul (LCS 21) Commissions
- Navy Announces 2021 Captain Joy Bright Hancock and Master Chief Anna Der-Vartanian Leadership Awards
- Navy’s Cyber Chief: Leadership is Key to Integrating Sea Power and Cyber
- NTTC Lackland Sailors Take 1st Place in Rifle Competition
- World War II Merchant Mariners Honored with Congressional Gold Medal
- FY-23 Seaman to Admiral Applications — What's New this Year
- USS George H. W. Bush (CVN 77) Changes Command
- International Partners Team Up for Pacific Partnership 2022
- USS Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group Departs Yokosuka for 2022 Deployment
- Navy, Marines Integrate Training to Prepare for High-End Fight
- The Terminal List - Official Teaser | Prime Video
- Canadian Delegation Visits Naval Oceanography
- Culture Expert Discusses Strategy at NWDC
- NPS Students “Hack The Port” at Maritime Cybersecurity Conference
- Exercise Phoenix Express 2022 set to begin in Tunisia
This museum is a community effort that will require all hands (civilians and veterans) on deck.
How can you help?
- Sign up to be a Plank Owner.
- Contribute (cash, in-kind, stock, real estate, planned giving, etc.)
- Become a volunteer.
- Spread the word.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Have an idea? Let us know!
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
All you need to do is become a Plank Owner for FREE and receive the following benefits:
- Regular e-updates on the museum.
- Memorialize your or a loved ones service in our Quarterdeck of Honor.
- A commemorative Plank Owner certificate customized with your name.
- Donate and receive even more!
ADDRESS / PHONE
Pacific Battleship Center dba
National Museum of the Surface Navy
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 747
Pacific Battleship Center is a highly rated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Los Angeles, CA. Currently the organization operated the Battleship IOWA Museum as a top 5 attraction in Los Angeles. More information at https://surfacenavymuseum.org/about-us/.